The Great Blue Heron
3 HOURS ONLINE WITH ZOOM APP: THURSDAY Workshop
The great blue heron possesses pleasing rhythmic shapes which makes it a desirable painting subject.
This exercise will focus on:
- considering the under painting, simplifying chaos,
- editing reference material and building layers to create depth,
- shape and proportion relationships,
- colour relationships with subject and habitat,
- building form using light and shadow.
The class will have a choice of two images, a landscape or portrait image. You may also choose to paint in a square format if desired. For Sam's demo, he will paint a landscape format in acrylic, 16x20 on masonite panel.
About the Artist
Sam Paonessa AOCA, OSA is a graduate from the Ontario College of Art in Toronto. His career as a professional artist spanned over 30 years with Hallmark Cards.
During that period Sam traveled and painted plein air landscapes in North America, Italy and Morocco. As an active member of the Ontario Society of Artists, he has been sharing his valuable experience gaining recognition as an accomplished painting workshop instructor for numerous art groups across Ontario.
10 a.m. - 3 p.m. Monday to Friday