SINGLE 3 HR. SESSION: Thursday MORNING Workshop
Join John Sawyers and learn how to cut your own mattes for framing.
- Choosing colours, size of matte, and calculating size for the frame.
- Archival versus buffered mattes.
- What to use for the backing.
- Assembling the glass and mattes in frame, including finishing the back of the frame and attaching the wire.
- A short discussion on glass.
- How to mount a canvas in a standard frame or float mount frame.
About the Artist:
John Sawyers worked as a portrait photographer for a number of years at which time he mounted and laminated prints for customers along with framing them.
John worked as a wholesale frame company sales representative. This included sales of frames, glass and framing supplies to art studios, framers and photographers. In this position, John had the opportunity to view a lot of framing studios and see how they worked.
Social Media:Facebook @artclubBarrie
10 a.m. - 3 p.m. Monday to Friday