"Brush Up" on Your Watercolour Techniques
FOUR SESSIONS: Monday AFTERNOON Workshop
A 4 session workshop exploring various methods of painting in watercolour, including:
- Wet Into Wet (control of shapes in this method is of the utmost importance).
- Understanding the importance of negative shapes in the creation of interesting work.
- Colour layering for great landscapes.
- Glazing shapes on shapes for unique results.
- Build super paintings on abstract backgrounds.
- Monochrome first washes and shapes for loose results.
About the Artist:
Merv Richardson cspwc
Merv has been painting exclusively in watercolour since 1977. He is an elected member of The Canadian Society of Painters In Watercolour (1999).
Merv explores the joy and mystery of watercolour using a wide variety of techniques and subject material. He has conducted workshops and demonstrations throughout Ontario, and is frequently invited to jury group shows.
His work is influenced by well known watercolourists Frank Webb, Fred Graff, Skip Lawrence, Alex Powers, Christopher Schink and the California style of artists including Don Kingman, Millard Sheets, Mario Cooper and Phil Dyke.
10 a.m. - 3 p.m. Monday to Friday