Realism in Acrylics / Explore Different Types of Acrylics
ONE FULL DAY: SATURDAY Workshop
Doug Purdon will be introducing and demonstrating the different types of acrylics: Soft Body, Heavy Body, Fluid Acrylic, Acrylic Gouache and Acrylic Ink.
How they can be used to create effects that can't be achieved with other materials.
Subject matter will be the choice of the student.
About the Artist:
- Graduate: Ontario College of Art & Design.
- Educational and Technical Advisor for COLART AMERICA the parent company for Winsor & Newton, Liquitex and Arches.
- Taught at the School of Continuing Studies, University of Toronto
- Currently teach summer courses at Loyalist College Bellville
- Elected member OSA (Ontario Society of Artists). SCA (Society of Canadian Artists)
- Professional Member of the Arts & Letters Club of Toronto.
- Represented by: Westmount Gallery - Toronto / Quinn's of Tweed / Mystic Seaport Museum - Mystic CT.
10 a.m. - 3 p.m. Monday to Friday