Member profile details
Fields for Workshop Promotion:
Thoughts of Spring
Subject / Focus
Bright Flowers to Give Us Thoughts of Spring
Watercolour is undisciplined and we will apply the properties of this medium to create a bright and transparent painting of flowers using light against dark and lots of water.
About the Artist
Sherryl Hopper has been a watercolour artist for many years and has taken numerous workshops with several talented and well respected artists both in Canada and the U.S. whom she has admired throughout her career and continues to do so.
'Art Inspires Life"
Supplies Students Should Bring:
Paint / art media
- Quality watercolours (Windsor Newton, Daniel Smith, Holbein)
- Warm and cool yellows, blues, and reds
Art Surface / Support
- Artist grade watercolour paper (140 lb.) Arches or other quality paper, 1/4 or half sheet
- Hard board (to attach watercolour paper)
Supplies and Tools
- Variety of brushes, flats and rounds
- Tape (for securing your watercolour paper to your board)
- Spray bottle
- Water container
- Paper towels
- Supplied by instructor
Workshop Outline: Complete: All-4 Class Series, 1 only-Single Session, 1 & 2 - Saturday OR Full Day
Outline of 3 hour session:
- Sherryl will start by demonstrating some of the techniques used in painting flowers.
- Followed by a demo on starting the painting wet on wet, then using lights against darks to denote the centre of interest.
- Lastly, adding a few details as well as giving any help that is required.
Office Use - Workshop Booking
Year of booking
Month of booking
Member photo albums (1 Album)
Sherryl Hopper Artwork (6)
THE BARRIE ART CLUB
WE HAVE MOVED TO:
11 King St., Unit 8
Barrie, Ontario L4N 6B5
Workshops / Drop Ins:
Shows / Events:
10 a.m. - 3 p.m. Monday to Friday