- Class will begin with a brief review of colours (the wheel, warm, cool) also materials to use.
- Students may use the reference photograph provided by instructor or use their own.
- We will start by preparing the canvas by sketching the image using either pastel chalk or brush
- Sylva will do a step-by-step instruction during the painting process
- During the demo Sylva will talk about elements of painting: perspective, depth, light, composition, shape and how to consider these in your own painting.
- Sylva will provide individual guidance as needed
- End of class, time permitting, we will have a group critique session